Idaho Housing and Finance has created a scholarship opportunity for children who live in income-based housing or who participate in housing programs. Idaho youth in elementary school, middle school and high school are asked to submit an illustration and a description of "What Makes a House a Home". After the drawings are reviewed, one winner in each age category receives a $1,000 IDeal Scholarship funded by the Home Partnership Foundation. All entries submitted are entered into a random drawing for an iPad.
The gallery below displays the age group winners and finalists from the 2022 Calendar Contest.
If you are interested in participating in the 2023 Calendar Contest , contest details are listed below:
Date: September 2023
All children Kindergarten through 12th grade living in income-based housing or participating in subsidized housing programs.
- Elementary: K-5th grade
- Middle School: 6-8th grade
- High School: 9-12th grade
- All entries will be entered in a drawing for an iPad
- 12-14 drawings will be featured in the calendar
- An IDEAL scholarship will be awarded to one winner in each age category:
- Elementary: $1,000
- Middle School: $1,000
- High School: $1,000
- Theme: What makes a house a home
- One entry per contestant
- Designs must be landscape/horizontal
- Size: Use template provided
- Contestant must draw and color a picture of a home and write a description of, "what makes a house a home".
- Contestant's name must be written on the template
- Complete the application